Longcliffe Golf Club aims to operate a contemporary and forward thinking dress policy, commensurate with a modern day golf club.
It is in all our interests to maintain reasonable standards of casual, but smart, dress in keeping with golfing traditions. Members, Guests and Visitors are therefore made aware that the following are the required standards that we request that you adhere to both on the golf course and in the club house.
On the Course
- Approved and recognised Men's, Ladies and Junior's golf attire.
- Men’s shirts must be tucked into trousers or shorts. Tee shirts, polo or rugby style shirts displaying slogans or banners are not acceptable.
- Trousers must not be worn tucked into socks.
- Tailored shorts may be worn
with either knee-length (single colour), ankle-length (preferably white)
or short shoe-socks. Cargo style shorts, Men's three quarter lengths shorts or trousers with external patch pockets are not acceptable.
- Caps must be worn peak forward.
If in doubt as to the suitability of clothing on the course, please ask the General Manager or Club Professional.
In the Clubhouse
Smart casual clothing is permitted in all parts of the Clubhouse and Dining Room at all times, unless alternative dress is specified for a particular function. This applies to all team matches and visiting parties, unless the Match Captain or Organiser has indicated otherwise.
- Tailored shirts (without tails) may be worn outside trousers.
- Knee-length, tailored shorts and socks, as above.
- Smart denims are permitted in the Clubhouse, provided they are not ripped, torn, frayed, faded, baggy, low waisted or work related.
- No Headgear of any kind (unless being worn on religious grounds).
- No wet, soiled or waterproof clothing, spiked or muddy golf shoes or work boots.
- With respect to others, making and receiving mobile calls should not be done in the bar, lounge or dining area.
If in doubt as to the suitability of clothing in the clubhouse, please ask the General Manager or Clubhouse Manager.